Monday, May 24, 2021

Why don't I write more about experiences in the 1960s and 1970s when I was 12 in 1960 to 32 in 1980?

I think the best way to put this would be that like the Coronavirus era there were many deaths and I find it hard (even now) to put those deaths and maiming of those times in a useful perspective for people born since maybe the late 1970s. So, I find no useful way to write about all this in a way that might be helpful to people now in the world we presently live in. So, in some ways it is very frustrating for me because I would love to share more about those times but unless you were there most of it you wouldn't fully understand. And to not fully get what was actually happening then would be like a sin when you talk about then. Because only if you were there could you get the full pathos and pain as well as the joy of those times as well.

The 1960s and 1970s were a complete paradox of experiences much like the Great Depression was a paradox of experiences along with World War II. But, these also compare in some ways to 9-11-01 and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. And even the Trump era reminds me of President Andrew Johnson who tried to reinstate slavery after his cohorts assassinated President Lincoln. But, just like President Andrew Johnson was barely stopped, also Trump (so far at least) has also been stopped at reinstalling slavery of black people here in the U.S. even though many are dying every day at the hands of the police still especially in Red States.

But, what I can say about the 1960s and 1970s is that I was 12 in 1960 to 32 in 1980 and this was when I came of age in this era. I miss my parents terribly because they were very good parents and allowed me to become the man I have become. In other words they gave me the opportunity to be a full fledged White Man during these times with all it's benefits. They helped me to survive the insanity of those times and helped me understand what had happened to them during their formative years during the Great Depression and World War II. I was born in 1948 after the war had ended but it was obvious to me just how traumatized my parents (and all parents then) were from the Great Depression and World War II. People often died young who had been in World War II even if they survived it, (especially until around 1960 and after).

The War claimed in a delayed fashion many victims through physical and PTSD wounds for years after this just like there are men my age who have been living on the streets of the U.S. ever since they returned from the  Viet Nam War. It's true most have likely died from this lifestyle by now but you can see their gray hair now of the ones who have survived often who have white long hair and sometimes beards from the 1960s and 1970s which is their statement about how they suffered from the Viet Nam War and still are here in 2021.

So, rather than JUST being a victim of those times like many were, I also was a beneficiary of those times as well and was able to get married, have a family and start businesses to support them without all the War PTSD that many friends and compatriots who usually died early before me had to deal with.

So, for this I am eternally Grateful to God and my parents for giving me such a good start in life that I have had as good a life as I have actually had.

By God's Grace

No comments: