Monday, July 26, 2021

How to preserve the life of your batteries on Cell phones, Laptops and other computer type devices

 I'm not really the expert on this, my oldest daughter is who is a Film Editor and in order to be a film editor you also have to be somewhat of a computer programmer and website maker too usually in addition to your film editing skills.

This is what she shared with me that might be helpful to all of you. The top links at my site at the top of the page by the way here at intuitivefred888 she programmed in for me so they are all automatic. They are the top read articles in the last 30 days at this site which are automatic according to viewer tallies through programming she installed at this site years ago now. So, I don't have to do anything because as people visit my site over any one month automatically they will change as people are interested in different things. However, it's also true that I'm often surprised at what people are choosing to read. But, if you have a website or websites I think this is universally true regarding Website editors that we all pretty much feel this way. So, we all are surprised a lot at what people choose to read worldwide on any given day online.

Here's the info regarding cell phone and Laptop and other computer type devices:

The first thing you need to know is when you are charging it isn't helpful to charge your devices beyond 80% to 90% if you want your battery to last.

The 2nd thing you need to know is that you want your battery to go down to at least 20% before you charge it. However, it also reduces your battery life if you take your batteries to 0% a lot.

So, there is this "HEALTHY RANGE" of between maybe 10% to 20% or more specifically 20% to 80% to 90% where batteries will tend to last the longest in your devices.

Another helpful thing for Smartphones and cell phones is I use an Anker portable charger always for my smartphone. This way I can always have my smartphone working. So, while my phone is already charged I then plug in my Anker portable charger so when I need to charge my phone (before it goes dead around 20%) I take the charged portable charger and plug it into my Phone so my phone literally NEVER goes dead on me and there is therefore never a time when I cannot use it.

I haven't been as good at this system regarding my 2015 15 inch screen Macbook pro however. And so now it is beginning to get to a stage where the battery percentages if I get below about 50% I never know when my battery in my laptop is going to die on me which can be difficult especially if you are working on something good and your laptop dies unexpectedly. Then I have to find a place to plug in my laptop wherever I am on earth and sometime this can be very inconvenient especially if I'm in a hotel or visiting friends in their home somewhere on earth. 

But, it's also important to know that I don't visit friends anymore that aren't vaccinated. I find some friends refuse to get vaccinated and so I find I cannot stay in their homes anymore because of this. Also, we likely are going to have to let our housekeeper go because she won't get vaccinated either which we are very sad about too.

Here's the other thing I have noticed. When someone doesn't want to get vaccinated up to 90% of the people they know also aren't getting vaccinated including relatives and friends or just one side of the family or something like that. 

Ads·Shop anker portable charger

Ads

High-Speed Charging for Tablets, Phones, and Laptops. Find the Perfect Battery for Your Device. Free shipping on $20+ Expand Your Capabilities. Models: Pocket Size Power Banks, Ultra Compact Power Banks, High Capacity Power Banks, Power Stations.
Power Banks · ‎Chargers · ‎Wireless Chargers · ‎Hub

No comments: