Monday, July 26, 2021

I bought an iced coffee at Las Virgenes canyon Rd but didn't need it

 I was worried that I needed to wake up more in order to drive up in the always hectic Los Angeles Freeway traffic that I grew up driving in growing up in Glendale California from 1956 until 1969 when I moved to San Diego. But, the stress of driving around intense drivers starting at about Las Virgenes Canyon road which heads to Malibu from Highway 101 which is at that point the Ventura Freeway heading towards 210 and south on 57 towards the 91 Freeway towards Orange. But, I didn't need the coffee because the stress of dealing with LA Drivers jacked up my adrenaline for driving to Orange from Las Virgenes Canyon Road.

There were stories while I was growing up of people who were farmers from other states who made the mistake of getting into the fast lane who didn't then have the skills to get into the slow lane to actually get off the freeway. Because here's the thing. If you get in the fast lane and then go 45 or 50 miles per hour you will NEVER get off any freeway in Los Angeles because people will just drive around you doing 80 mph because 80 mph is how fast the left two lanes go on any freeway in the greater Los Angeles area when there isn't any traffic jam there. It was also this way when I grew up in the 1950s too. 

So, unless you are very skillful indeed you shouldn't try to drive a car on Los Angeles Freeways because people will pull in front of you or behind you with only 1 foot clearance between their cars and yours. This is just how people are here in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Countries and have been since the 1950s. I think the psychology is people feel kind of trapped in Los Angeles and sort of like rats in a trap if they actually think about it enough and so they take it to the limit in their driving because traffic jams just make every one nuts over time. Traffic jams all the time were the number 1 reason I left southern California as a place to live in the 1970s by the way. I knew I psychologically and possibly physically just couldn't survive traffic jams anymore after growing up dealing with them from about age 6 to 8 years old until 21 years old. Traffic jams made me a little crazy too until I left in my 20s first to San Diego and then later to San Francisco and Mt. Shasta and Hawaii starting in my 20s. I found the most peace in Mt. Shasta and Hawaii then in my life. I've met many people who either snapped or just died young who stayed when they should have moved away. Big Cities can be very stressful in many different ways.

I'm glad I can still visit and sometimes get a tear in my eye remembering old friends and my parents now all gone. But, I really don't want to live here in Southern California anymore except mostly to visit relatives and friends once in a while now.

 

No comments: