Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Seeing Family can be very healing

It's been about 2 years now since I visited relatives in Southern California. I grew up here too but I never lived in Orange County where most of my relatives live now that live in California. Seeing relatives after the nation's bout with Covid now that most of them are vaccinated was a relief. I was still a little worried about my 7 year old Grandson traveling with my son and his wife but at least we didn't expose him to Las Vegas and riding in a helicopter to the Grand Canyon. We realized that was just too much of a risk for him because at 7 he cannot get legally vaccinated for Covid like all of us could.

So, hopefully he will get vaccinated between December and January when they make it legal for him to get vaccinated.

I don't believe getting vaccinated is a silver bullet either. I only know it is the ONLY way people are likely going to be able to stay alive mostly until 2030 or after. So, if you want to still be alive in 2030 you might want to get vaccinated soon or you might not be. 

I grew up in Glendale California and my parents were ministers in a church in Downtown Los Angeles.

I grew up with people that didn't go to doctors like the anti-vaxers now. I never had a vaccination of any kind until I was 15 because I was bit by a dog on a job and the law required me to have a tetanus shot. So, at 15 this was my first and only shot until I was likely 37 years old and trying to travel to India, Nepal, Thailand and Japan.

So, in the 1950s and 1960s I watched many people die in my church because they wouldn't go see a doctor and I eventually watched my own father now because he wouldn't address his prostate cancer in a way that would actually keep him alive.

So, I have watched many many people die (just like now) who were Christian and didn't believe in doctors in the 1950s and 1960s. And it was horrific for me to witness then and now. However, I'm likely much more used to watching people die who don't believe in Doctors or Medicine the way it is practiced in the U.S. than people who weren't raised around people like this like I was.

But, nevertheless, if you are vaccinated, Family can be very healing if you can manage it somehow.

No comments: