Saturday, July 2, 2022

From Portland to Ashland

Today we got up and drove to Ashland from Portland Oregon. The Traffic down 217 to 5 and all the way to Wilsonville was epic for the Portland area. I guess 50 million Americans are going to drive 50 or more miles this Friday they said on the news. I realized we didn't leave early enough to miss the traffic. So, from Portland to Wilsonville took us about an hour by car which meant we didn't get into Ashland until around 7 pm tonight. But, woe be unto anyone traveling north on Interstate 5 from about Eugene to Portland because that was the real nightmare traffic wise not going south like we were.

I noticed from about Eugene or Roseville Oregon that they were in a drought. I hadn't thought the drought had come so far north but like I said somewhere between Eugene and Roseville the drought starts to begin. I noticed rivers were very low as we passed over them which is unusual for Oregon this time of year. Also, the temperature went up a lot to 86 degrees here in Ashland today as we drove south. Portland was in the 80s and Ashland I believe was 86 today. Tomorrow because of Thundershowers locally (which could bring fires too if they are lightning and thunder) along with the rain it's supposed to cool down to 77 Saturday and 75 as a high on Sunday. 

So, by the time I got to Cottage Grove I was burned out from all the traffic and I let my wife drive the last few hours to Ashland, Oregon. I sort of miss the days when driving 7 to 15 hours or more was easy. But, as you get into your 70s you have to adapt to what you can still do safely and happily(or you are just not around anymore).

No comments: