Sunday, July 23, 2023

Know the truth and the truth will set you free

 I have always believed this. If you know the right things those things you know might always save you. This has been my experience so far in life. Of course it is also true that I was born to good parents in Seattle, Washington here in the U.S. where things are generally better than other places on earth. IN other words I had opportunities as a white male growing up here in the U.S. that many others around the world did not and so I was able to prosper in various ways even though I watched people dying all around me from various causes in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and after.

The best thing my parents taught me is that "one's personal connection with God is the single most important thing in life".

I suppose this could also be equated in some ways with "Be True to yourself" because it's you and God and that's really all you ever have in life.

This has been made very clear to me as Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and now cousins die one by one around me. All you ever really have is yourself and your connection to God.

So, from this point of view "know the truth and the truth will set you free" and "Be True to yourself" may be the most important things you ever do.

Why?

Because if you don't take care of yourself first, you cannot care for anyone else (like your family or friends).


No comments: