Sunday, March 31, 2024

Because of ever increasing winds and Wind Shear and therefore bigger waves and rollers you might be forced to use submarines instead of Ships on the surface

The same problem we are having now more and more with wind shear in planes is also causing more havoc at sea too. Eventually, I think it will be too rough for cargo ships (at least as we presently know them) to travel the oceans as this all gets worse over time. I foresee more ships having more in common with Submarines than anything else because of winds and heavy seas more of the time around the world.

At first when I thought of this problem I thought we would go directly to submarine vehicles to avoid the storms and currents on the surface mostly caused by increasing Global Warming and the warming of the seas worldwide. 

However, today I realized that there would likely be a transition from Ships to submarine kinds of vehicles where you would have less windows on ships and a lower center of gravity on ships (especially cargo ships) because many of the tourist ships would capsize in the types of wind and seas that are coming. Maybe ships at first would become more like the passenger ships designed for travel from the bottom tip of South America that travel now into Antarctica where they have special gyros and bow planes to stabilize the ship as well as a lower center of gravity to avoid capsizing in 30 foot seas. 

My wife traveled to Antarctica with her best friend in 2016 on a ship like this so I could see all ships who go to sea or on really big lakes like the Great Lakes would be designed more like these ships that go to Antarctica who can handle 30 to 50 foot seas or more where the rollers and breakers are this large and when most of the crew and passengers are sea sick or tying themselves to their beds so they don't hit the ceiling going up and down over the biggest rollers and waves and turbulence. 

Note: the main reason why I didn't go with my wife and her friend to Antarctica is I started to get sea sick at sea starting around age 32 or 33. My father experienced this too for some reason also. So, when I got my junior SCUBA diving license in Los Angeles at age 14 in 1962 we went on a diving to Santa Catalina Island with my father aboard a Dive Boat. But, the rocking of the dive boat made my Dad sea sick but I was okay even though he had sailed 40 days of no land to Tahiti and the Tuomoto Archipeligo when he was around 23 years old in 1939 with his first wife and younger brother and never got sea sick then. So, I was 32 before I started to get sea sick and was okay on sailboats in Red Flag Weather with my cousin before then and all sorts of sea adventures until I was 32 or 33 years old. My father stayed with his first wife and brother in the Tahiti Area before they sailed north on a Steamship from Tahiti back to Honolulu Hawaii just before Pearl Harbor in 1941. Also, my Dad's first wife was working for the newspaper in Honolulu when Pearl Harbor happened right next to here in Honolulu so she got on a steamship and went back to Seattle because she was scared because World War II had just begun. My father and his brother were working in Seattle when World War II began at Pearl Harbor for the U.S.

No comments: