Tuesday, April 23, 2024

In 1974 I got stung by a Scorpion at Hapuna beach HAWAII ON THE BIG ISLAND

 I was with my first wife and my son who was then less than 1 year old and we went to swim at Hapuna beach and we had rented a car for 3 months which was a beige Datsun (before Datsun became Nissan). This was 1974 after all.

So, I was walking barefoot through the sand back to the car when a little black scorpion stung my foot. Soon I couldn't really walk because my foot hurt and my whole leg went numb like when you sit somewhere too long and your whole leg goes to sleep. Only with a small Black Scorpion Sting like the ones then on the Big Island of Hawaii it took a few days to get back to normal again (my leg). I remember having to drive with only my left leg because this was before I taught my first wife to drive. And I didn't do that until we got back to the mainland a few months later. I taught her to drive my 1968 Camaro then which was a pretty powerful muscle car for a new driver to drive but that's what happened. It was more normal in 1974 that young women didn't know how to drive than now. I think she was only 21 when we had our son so she couldn't have been more than 22 and I would have likely been 27.

I was trying to find Hapuna Beach on a map and couldn't find it so I looked it up on Google Maps.

No comments: