Monday, April 29, 2024

To many indigenous people around the world "Rocks are alive" like you and me

Here is a quote from the most recent national Geographic: May 2024: under IN Focus: Culture in the first section of the publication without a page number:

"As a child growing up in the U.S., I was taught to think of rocks as inanimate. But the indigenous people of the Sierra Nevada consider rocks to be "as alive as animals or plants", and they form an intrinsic part of their spiritual life."

Stephen Ferry, Photographer and National Geographic explorer.

Francisco Chaparro, a spiritual authority or Mamo, of the Arhuaco people, and his apprentices collect barnacles for ritual use at the sacred site on Colombia's Caribbean Coast. 

end quote.

Though the above was written by a national geographic photographer it is interesting to me because of my own experiences with the Rock people throughout this lifetime.

So, when I first experienced the "Rock People" speaking to me near Garrapata Beach south of Monterey towards Big Sur on Highway 1 in California I at first wondered what was going on? Though I had always experienced the "LIFE" in the rocks. Later I talked to Charlie Thom who was a Karuk Indian Medicine Man I studied and Sweat with in his sweat lodges with many other people from Northern California for his tribe and for non-tribal members too, he said that "The Rock people had been invited into the Sweat Lodges for thousands of years after being heated up on the fires to make their sweat lodges which are the Womb of Mother Earth so people can be reborn in the Sweat Lodges."

This made me think differently about all this because obviously the Rock people saw me as a part of this thousands of year old tradition of communication with the Rock people by the Karuk tribe and by millions of other Tribal people around the world. Because I had a useful context to put all this in I then accepted my place as someone the Rock people would talk to because of my relationship with Mother Earth and life throughout the Universe. This has changed my life in many ways communicating with Rock people in the ground or in planes or in cars or in ships who are all metal ever since.

I find that even though metal is made by men the ingredients are still Rock People who I can ask questions of and they will answer me truthfully.

And what is interesting about the Rock People is being millions of years old or older they have a different perspective than we do which reminds me more of trees than anything else. I think the trees emulate the Rock People in living in the past, present and future all at once. It's only things that move around a lot like people and birds and animals and fish who live in the moment. Rock people and trees live in the past, present and future all the time.

So, if you ask them what is going to happen next they always have a general idea of what happens next in time and space.

By God's Grace

 

No comments: