Friday, April 26, 2024

Safe in San Francisco

 Safe in San Francisco. It was a little bumpy coming over from Maui, Hawaii but you have to expect that whenever you fly over the Pacific Ocean like this. The roughest weather in a jet I have ever seen has been always between California through Washington on the way to the Hawaiian Islands but the record for the roughest continuous trip was from Icheon, South Korea next to Seoul to San Francisco. On one flight I literally had silverware flying through the air and down into the seat next to me. If you weren't seat belted in it was dangerous on that flight coming back from South Korea to visit my new Grandson who was born around 10 years ago close to now. My Son was teaching English in South Korea at the time.

Anyway the flight was okay with a beautiful sunset out the left window where I was sitting about half way home to San Francisco. Wonderful Trip! Much better than last fall when my health didn't work out on Kauai for 7 days while we were there.

It was wonderful there but surprisingly now I'm home I feel better here somehow. I think I like being closer to two of my children here on the mainland even though neither of those two live in California anymore and one of them lives in Europe with her husband.

So, as much as I love Maui it was hard to see what losing Lahaina did to people there. I expect it's going to take 5 to 10 to 15 years for the Lahaina to recover if it ever does completely. However, Jeff Bezos of Amazon is building low cost apartments to live in in that area that I saw and they look almost finished. So, hopefully some people will have a place to live while their homes are rebuilt (IF) they had fire insurance or IF the government Federal or State helps them rebuild. Habitat for Humanity is building homes there too for people I hear.

No comments: