Tuesday, August 27, 2024

My neighbor was asking me about the Forrester

 My daughter bought a green Subaru Forrester around 2013 around the time we also bought a car for our youngest daughter. Today my neighbor was interested in the next Forrester my older daughter bought around 2020 I believe. I told him that it got around 28 miles per gallon (actually miles not just predicted in a paper advertisement by the way) and that if he wanted this type of All wheel drive that to look for a PZEV which is an econonmical high mileage Forrester. 

A Forrester is likely the most reasonably priced of the Really good All Wheel Drives around. It's why you see them everywhere because on a pavement there likely isn't anything better than a Forrester or an Outback for going through snow (as long as it's not above the undercarriage and bumper). I have a friend who lives in Mt. Shasta and has an Outback and when everyone else is stuck on Interstate 5 they are usually able to get through in the winters when everyone else is stuck including 4 wheel drive truck and cars as long as the snow isn't too deep. Why?

It's likely because Subaru has four independent drive systems one for each wheel so this way you actually can have actual all wheel drive if you want to by pushing the right buttons in the car when you are in snow or mud or wherever you need it.

I personally (besides the all wheel drive which is great) like the room in a Forrester or Ascent made by Subaru which reminds me a lot of my Tundra Truck or a Mercedes in leg room in the front of the car. I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall basically and a lot of leg room in the front is necessary for me not to have problems at 76 years old on longer drives of 4 or more hours.

However, at my age I prefer driving an Ascent long distances even though it only gets around 20 miles per gallon instead of 28 like the Pzev Forrester does.

So, basically this is what I told my neighbor about Subarus that they are relatively inexpensive and a really great all wheel drive vehicle with a lot of leg  room in the front for taller people (or people who just like a lot of room in front in a car or truck).

No comments: