Thursday, August 29, 2024

Trying to save people's lives regarding obtaining medicines necessary to stay alive?

 Here's the problem that I have dealt with since I almost died from a heart virus in 1998 and 1999 and was forced to retire. It started with Lisonopril then which is blood thinner and does other things as well which helped keep me alive along with praying and meditations when I passed out because my heart couldn't pump enough blood to my brain to keep me from passing out over and over again. However, if I panicked (even once) while passing out like most people do I would have died then. My Doctor told me 8 or 9 months later when they defined what had been wrong with my heart that most people with heart viruses die when they pass out so the only way it is defined is through an autopsy. So, They said I was extremely lucky because most people just die and that's it.

But, what I'm trying to get at here is how difficult it can be to get various medicines through the pharmacy in relation to insurance companies. Often you cannot get medicines when you need them and get the insurance companies to pay for them in a timely enough manner to actually stay alive. For example, diabetics are dying all the time because of this who don't have the cash to pay for medicines and people with all sorts of ailments are dying too because they cannot afford their medications because they don't have insurance too.

So, if you have insurance (I have Medicare and other supplementary insurances too) which allows me to be covered a lot regarding medicines. However, if I want to travel say to Portland or Mt. Shasta or to San Diego to see my adopted daughter or to travel to Austin, Texas to see my youngest daughter there often I have to pay 400 to 500 dollars just to make sure I have enough medicine there not to die or something. So, this can be a real problem if you want to travel AND survive so you have all your medicines. I personally have to take at least 6 or 7 medications to stay alive on top of the built in Defibrillator Pacemaker I had installed in 2020. Yes. I can stay alive and still enjoy my life pretty much even though I have had to give up a few things that are very hard for me like riding my 2009 KLR 650 dualsport Motorcycle (that I bought new) and skiing (which I have loved since I was 15 years old).

So, living without these things is very hard for me indeed. 

However, the other way to look at this is either of these things at 76 could have easily killed me so God has spared my life once again so I can work with God and Angels to help people and not die by accident Skiing or Riding my Dualsport Motorcycle. 

Note: If you don't know what a Dualsport motorcycle is it means it has knobby tires for riding on pavement or dirt or rocks. So it's like having a 4 wheel drive motorcycle that can literally GO ANYWHERE on earth including driving down a wet or dry riverbed if you needed to as long as the water is not too deep. So, going to where it is the wildest and most amazing is what I liked to do on it the most. Same with Skiing especially mountaineering Skiing (even though I like Downhill skiing too). 

However, I have thought of possibly adding a sidecar with a knobby tire to it like I have seen other older riders do too (especially online). But, then there are the problems that come with any 3 wheel vehicle too. So, then I often think of 4 wheel drive ATVs too? So, I'm still thinking all this through better now too.

But, I still have my 2011 4 wheel drive Tundra Truck for going where it is really really wild and interesting on 4 wheel drive roads too. So, the wild wilderness even now is still possible for me even at 76.

What is most important regarding medicines is that often Insurance won't pay for your medicines when you need to travel. So, what does this mean? it means then you have to pay out of pocket for your medicines (I often have to do this in order to travel) when the insurance times that they want to pay for medicines (doesn't align properly with when I need to travel) and if you try to transfer medicines from one locality to another) this can be a real problem too especially if you are not going to be someplace for more than two weeks or so. For example, I had to transfer my Armour Thyroid to Rancho Bernardo and this caused many problems for me because I was running out and I couldn't get it refilled where I live fast enough

No comments: