Thursday, July 5, 2012

Breville Juice Fountain Elite Juicer

This is the juicer I bought for my diet a week ago and it was shipped by Amazon.com to me at my home. By having an Amazon Prime account (which is a little like Netflix in some ways) (I have a Netflix streaming account too which is around 7 or 8 dollars a month as well). However, with the Amazon.com Amazon Prime account you then get free shipping year around without sales taxes on anything you buy which can be books, digital books, food, Juicers (you name it) which if you want some of the products available on amazon.com it's a great deal.

Some people get upset with the Breville juicer because the teeth are getting a little dull a few weeks in. However, I would say even after 8 days now of juicing for myself and my son (and sometimes my wife) the teeth might have dulled at most maybe 10% which I think is really good. Also, I tend to have a lot of understanding about machinery of all kinds and my intuition goes in this direction too. So, I am very careful with any kind of technology I own and I find this mostly stainless steel Breville Fountain Elite Juicer is very well designed. I find if you grind up your fruits and veggies more slowly that you will actually get more juice that way. So, for example, if I am cutting a circular wedge of pineapple to juice I will make three long strips and then put all three in the juicer at once. But then I don't force it down fast with the juicer plunger because that wastes a lot of pulp and juice that way. So, I bring it down real slow so I get the most juice from every carrot or pineapple or apple or whatever I don't want to waste anything of. Also, pulpy things or leafed things should be juiced on slow speed to get the most juice. So, pineapple, lemons, oranges, apples, kale, mint and all these sorts of pulpy things should be juiced on a slower speed so you aren't wasting the juice. And like I said if you don't just force everything to juice really fast you will wind up with a lot more juice in the end. However, to each his or her own.

The first thing I like about the Breville Juicer is it is very easy and relatively safe to use for a juicer. When I was growing up you really had to be careful not to lose a finger when using most juicers. However, the Breville will not even turn on unless the piece of metal strapping the whole thing in place is up on top in the perfect place already. So, since it can't turn it on unless it is safe to use basically it is a fairly safe device right there. Also, I would advise anyone using something like this that you have to wait a while until the grinding wheel and sieve combination stops spinning before you open up the machine and this might take up to 20 to 30 seconds until you are sure it stops spinning in order to be safe to open it. Also, unplug it from the wall before you open it as well. This gives added safety to you and your hands. However, when I jumped the gun by removing the metal strap that holds everything in place it immediately stopped. But I would not rely on this safety mechanism every time you make juice because I think this might cause other problems to the machine down the line. However, I'm not sure because I didn't design it. Also, while you are using this juicer remember you might be a little spaced out from the first changes of this diet so use very safe methods of cutting veggies and fruit where your fingers are never in the way. If you set up good and safe methods and habits of cutting everything you will not cut yourself even when you might get a little spacey the first few days on the diet as your body adjusts to all these changes. So be careful cutting up all the veggies and fruits so you can have a great experience losing weight and feeling healthy and alive!

My daughter called me today and said she was going to buy a juicer like mine for her event center in Oregon. So, I guess my weight loss and success with this diet is inspiring more people even in my own family. However, I have to say that she was the one who knew intuitively that this diet could and likely would work for me like it has. She is 23 and stayed on the phone with me until I bought the DVD and book by Joe Cross from Australia. Then my wife and I watched the DVD documentary of his experiences and a week or two later I bought the juicer and it was delivered and I started the juice fast a couple of days later and here we are a week later with a 30 pound weight loss for me. However, remember I am almost 6 foot 5 inches tall so 30 pounds is a little less than 10% of my body weight. So, even though I am strong I am at a good weight for a football lineman and I'm wanting to get down to the weight of a quarterback at around 200 to 225 which is a perfect weight range for me at 6 foot 5.

Here are some related dieting articles I wrote:

No comments: