Sunday, July 30, 2017

Flipped (2010): film by Rob Reiner

If you were born in the late 1940s or early 1950s and grew up in "White Suburbia" almost anywhere in the U.S. then this will remind you of your experiences growing up. However, the character Bryce seems way more clueless as a guy than I remember being. But then again I didn't date anyone until I was 15. But, then again at least one girl asked me to go steady when I was 10 years old and because I was shy this was more embarrassing than anything else for me at the time. I think she had seen me in my Sunday Church Suit at a restaurant and was impressed or something. It's amazing how difficult some aspects of those kinds can be for young people trying to make sense of it all. 


I started watching it a few days ago and thought my wife my like it. I recorded it on my DVR (TIVO). Then I stopped about 1/2 hour in. Then I found my wife watching it and watched it with her when she caught up to where I was in the movie. We both loved it because it is just like things were then in so many ways (at least for white people in suburbia in the U.S.)

 

Flipped - Warner Bros. - Movies

https://www.warnerbros.com/flipped
Aug 6, 2010 - Flipped takes Bryce and Juli from grade school to junior high, through triumph and disaster, family drama and first love, as they make the ...

Flipped (2010) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0817177/
Rating: 7.7/10 - ‎66,347 votes
Comedy · Two eighth-graders start to have feelings for each other despite being total opposites. ... Flipped -- Clip: What's going on with you and Bryce Loski?

Flipped (film) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipped_(film)
Flipped is a 2010 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Rob Reiner and based on Wendelin Van Draanen's novel of the same name. It began a ...

No comments: