Thursday, June 17, 2010

Of Ents and Wizards: Lord of the Rings

My daughter needed oral surgery today and when I arrived from having my own root canal at the Oral Surgeon's I felt a little faint seeing my daughter so out of it still from being put unconscious during the surgery. So we put her in a wheelchair and took her to my wife's car. Soon, we came to 31 Flavors because my daughter can't eat solid food for a while and bought her a milkshake. But my wife knew she couldn't let my daughter walk in and get it because she was still too out of it. So since I had my own car I bought her milkshake and took it home to her. I was afraid that my wife would try to make it up the stairs with my daughter and injure her but luckily my God Daughter and her boyfriend are staying with us and they helped my daughter up the stairs so everything was okay. I was a little put out because I was afraid my wife was going to further injure her knee trying to steer my daughter into the house and up the stairs. Luckily, she let my god daughter and her boyfriend do the work.

When I arrived home my daughter was in bed and bleeding from her mouth stitches on her pillow of her bed. I wanted to get her to drink something but she was still too out of that and her mouth too numb for success. So we laid her down and about 1/2 an hour later she got up and could walk more normally and asked for a pain killer. So my wife gave her an Advil to kill the pain.

Now she's on the sofa watching "The Two Towers" from "Lord of the Rings". I was watching the Ent and the re-introduction of Gandalf the White (before he was Gandalf the Grey before the underground mishap). So the Fellowship of the Ring was minus one until the Ents. But I was watching the Ents and seeing the relationship between the Tree Ents and Gandalf the White.

I found it interesting that I have a similar relationship with forests of trees everywhere I go now that Gandalf has with the trees. Let me share some interesting experiences I have had over the years.

The first really memorable experience I had when I was 21 and living in Venice, California. One day some friends and I went to  The Silver Moccassin Trail in the Twin Peaks Area of the Angeles National Forest above La Crescenta and La Canada. On the trail I had an amazing experience with a tree. I experienced the most unconditional love from a tree that I had experienced from anyone in my entire life. I walked up and hugged the tree and cried and my friends just thought I was being a little strange at the time. Later we all laughed when I described this unconditional love experience.

Years later I was a married young father and I was planting trees for a summer so we could live in Mt. Shasta, California for a while. I could make about $100 dollars a day which was a lot for a 20 something in the mid 70s. One day I was out planting trees in a line about 50 miles from the nearest small town with a tree planting crew in the wilderness and I felt faint I thought from the heat of the day and the strenuous work I was doing. So I took a break and laid back upon a huge fallen Cedar tree for a moment. The main Tree Deva for the Area came to me as a visible green energy being and this is what the main tree deva (deva means spirit) who was a leader of local trees like a family head.  He said, "I know you are trying to do a good thing in  planting all these trees to replace the one's loggers have killed but you need to know that all these baby trees are orphans and have no parents. They will grow up wild and unruly with no parents to guide them. Also they are from different soils and altitudes than this one. "

I thanked the Leader Tree Deva Spirit for sharing this with me and as soon as I did that I stopped feeling faint and could go back to work planting again.

Over the years I have grown used to this connection with trees, especially wild trees but now all trees everywhere. Often if I feel an affinity with a tree I will go up and touch it's bark or leaves on needles to make a closer contact in communion and communication. Over time the forests of trees(they all are aware of us other all over the world) named me "Tree Man" because they see me as a walking tree because I can communicate with them and they can understand me and trust me. Most of the time I feel I can trust most trees too. However, sometimes some trees really don't like people and I can understand why this is too. But most trees in general understand that  humans and trees are symbiotic with each other. (Symbiotic means we both need each other on multiple levels to survive).

One of the reasons people use so many illegal drugs in city areas is that there are not enough trees for them to commune with for trees will take your pain and give you peace. So if you find a good tree or group of trees to take your pain then you can be free of  your pain without alcohol or drugs. One of the main reasons I don't drink alcohol very often or take drugs is because I have trees to commune with and to take my pain when I need. I bought some Mead recently to see what honey wine was like and I had a good experience the first time but the second time it threw my blood sugar so far off I had to give it up. So since I'm somewhat allergic to alcohol I have to abstain mostly from alcohol most of the time.

However, trees can take your pain and there are several ways. The first is to just stand and feel the tree with your heart and to commune with it and ask it to take your pain and it will. However, make sure it is a tree that you feel is your friend.

The second way is to put your back to the trunk of the tree and to put your arms out as limbs and feel the connection between the tree and you through your spine. The pain should over time be drawn off through your spine. Also, if the tree agrees and you are low on energy sometimes the tree will give you energy to go on with your day or your life. Remember since humans first came down from the trees we have always been symbiotic with trees. Nothing has really changed in this. So, returning to a more primal state with your relationships with trees will balance you and keep you alive a very long time.

But always remember your relationship with trees is a circle like within a family. If they help  you  then you need to be loyal to them like family, otherwise the circle is broken. So integrity between yourselves and your trees so they see you as family and as one who should be helped is necessary for good ongoing relations.

No comments: