Sunday, August 7, 2011

God cannot be institutionalized only people can

Beliefs have nothing at all to do with God. For example, you or I might believe anything we want about someone, some nation or the people of some city. But would any of it be true? Likely not. The same is true of God. If God exists he or she or it (or all three or more) exists physically in whatever form or forms God chooses to exist. But religious institutions really have nothing to do with God. So, it could be said that religions have to do only with imaginary concepts of God and not necessarily what God really is in the end.

Because of all this I find no religion really has anything intrinsically to do with God if God exists and instead every religion is sort of a rumor mill instead just like you and I having opinions about anyone, or anyplace or any nation. So then, institutionalized religions tend to be places where people go that all tend to believe somewhat the same thing. But this same thing is only what those people believe and doesn't necessarily have anything to do at all with God. So, when someone says to me, "You're going to go to hell because you don't believe what I believe." My reaction is "unless you are going to take out a gun and kill me you are totally full of it." And this would be true of any religion on earth that would tell me or anyone I know this.

So, the point of all this is that God intrinsically exists if he or she actually does and that is true no matter what any of us believe. For example, I exist no matter whether you or anyone else believes I do. Just like you exist whether anyone else believes you do or not. If God exists God doesn't have to believe in any religion. Maybe God has his own religion different than anything you or I could ever imagine?

No comments: