Sunday, August 28, 2011

We exist because we believe we do

Just to make this easier to deal with let us approach this from a philosophic level first. What is the real difference between a human being and an animal? Let me give you a hint. First of all, there is nothing intrinsically different that much physically about humans. For example, somewhere humans share somewhere between 90% to 98% or more of exactly the same genes as a pig or a mouse. In fact, we are so similar to pigs and mice that both are used to clone things like human ears (mice) and organs (pigs). For example, Armour thyroid from Canada which if you are hypothyroid (thyroid glands don't make enough secretions to balance your hormones in your body) the best single thing (with no side effects at all is Armour Thyroid from Pig thyroid glands). So, there is very little difference between most mammals and humans. So, the difference physically is very very slight indeed.

So, why are we different than other mammals? The main difference is that we take a very long time to grow up and we speak and we can not only invent new ideas and physical inventions, we can now also write about what we have invented so that someone who has never even met us can read what we have written or even spoken about on Youtube.com in a video and understand perfectly what our ideas or our physical inventions are either now or hundreds to thousands of years from now. So, we are different because first we believe we are different than them and second because we have developed ways to share information. So we can come close to knowing what any single person knew or even what all people knew that shared it in some way, shape or form with any other human along the way.

So, having established all that. Why do we exist? In other words we aren't very different from animals so why are humans different? I used to wonder about all this a lot and studied many different philosophies and science and psychology and multiple religions for the answers. And I found useful things in every branch of knowledge but I also found that no branch of knowledge has all the answers. So, I found by synthesizing all branches of knowledge one can then begin to make some sense of it all in a really useful way. At least this is my personal experience of it all. Others are going to have their own experiences. Though I was born in Seattle after 4 I grew up in Southern California mostly. So, Seattle made me very polite like Canadians and English People tend to be and Southern California made me very experimental and inquisitive about everything which is what Californians are like. They want to know about everything in the universe and aren't afraid to try almost anything once.

So, somewhere along the way I read a few books from authors like Hugh Lofting then Robert Heinlein and Isaac Asimov and then I read a book called "A Dweller on Two Planets" channeled through and 18 year old in the 1880s on Mt. Shasta and realized this was really something. Then I read "Autobiography of a Yogi" and used to hand it out to hitch hikers because I felt that book saved lives and kept people alive when I was in my early 20s when I used to pick up hitch hikers when I was about 18 to 25 years of age in one of my cars. Everyone I knew did that my age back then in the 1960s and early 1970s. We all met a lot of really amazing people traveling the world back then and usually a few crazies as well that you made excuses to drop off as soon as you could.

Somewhere along the way I read, "The Tao of Physics" which talked about how what Yogis talk about (for thousands of years) pretty much aligns with Quantum physics and Particle physics which I found quite interesting when I read it. Only Yogis talk about it more in a philosophical vein and Physicists just use different language to say about the same thing in the end.

So, when I talked myself to these kinds of yogis and then to Physics professors and heads of Physics departments I began to make the most sense of the universe to myself. Because I tend to be extremely intuitive and simultaneously extremely logical and rational. You might have different gifts and qualities but my intuition and logical and rational qualities make me tend to be "Crazy Wisdom" sometimes referred to as "The Wisdom Beyond Logic". A good example of a crazy wisdom person would be someone who would rescue a child just before the child is hit by a car and lives to tell about it and so does the child.

So, as I listened to several teachers telling me that advanced souls can leave form and go into the void for an eternity and then re-manifest in any form they wish in any time and space. My reaction to this as both an intuitive and a perfectly logical person was: "Of Course!" This might not be your reaction but to me it was a perfectly obvious that: "We all exist because we believe we do!"

And if this were philosophically true then it followed that it could also be physically true as well.


 Someone told my wife something that upset her in regard to Jesus that someone's Guru had told them. I told her that whenever anyone is that specific and upsets someone else it usually isn't right. So I proceeded to tell her that all my teachers have told me that unless you can laugh at your own existence you cannot become enlightened.  I proceeded to explain to her that we only exist because we believe we do. And wouldn't you know she once again demonstrated her enlightened state by laughing when I told her this. Only an enlightened person laughs when you tell them they only exist because they believe they do. This tells me that she is enlightened. Wonderful!

Later: After thinking more about this thought I realized that even if someone was laughing Only because they thought the concept of "We exist Because we believe we do" is absurd, still this is a Zen laughter which means that either the person is enlightened or can become enlightened. Whereas if a person is only afraid of this concept they organically would have to evolve to the point of being able to naturally laugh at this before enlightenment was possible.

In conjunction with all this I also said to my wife, "I don't worry about my own death and I don't fear it at all. What I fear is screwing up and creating bad karma. Death is not a problem, creating bad karma is a problem. So, since I remember millions of years of lifetimes past, present and future, death is not something I fear. Because it is in my enlightened self interest to be kind to myself and all beings. So, as long as I am right mindful and compassionate and am working towards complete efficiency in all my thoughts, words and deeds and prayers, I efficiently move all beings in the universe past, present and future towards the permanent end of suffering and complete enlightenment and bliss past, present and future. In doing this every moment waking and sleeping while having a whole lot of fun doing this I efficiently help move all life substance, energy and consciousness towards permanent enlightenment and permanent bliss. This is not only something for me to think about, it might also be something useful for you to think about as well. And maybe you are a whole lot more skilled at writing than I am. Or maybe you are an artist, sculptor, musician or singer. However you move yourself forward or all life around you, I find the sky is the limit (there is no limit). Like Einstein once said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge".

The reason Einstein said this is that all existing knowledge is limited. Whereas imagination is unlimited. So by imagining how all beings can become enlightened and come to bliss and permanently end their suffering is a pretty amazing thing for all of us to think about. Why not think about this in relation to yourself first and then find ways to help everyone else get there too?


No comments: