Friday, August 19, 2011

Modesty

Modesty
modesty has its place
it helps one to survive
hard times

I wrote this series of ideas in 1999
somehow they all seemed important to reprint. They are also at:

dragonofcompassion - poems

The following is a reprint of the whole series of ideas from 1999:

 1999


Note: the following are:
New January 8th and a product of having to be quiet for one
week with flu. "There is nothing so bad that no good may
come of it---." Descartes


WISDOM
wisdom come during fasting and sicknes
Listen when you least expect it
wisdom so precious
it comes but once


LIFE
intolerable at times
a drudge at others
we live
for moments of oneness
with the Creator
our one True Lover


Hope
Springs eternal
If we die daily


Peace
The key to peace is kindness


Prosperity
Prosperity comes from giving
Peace and kindness to others
Prosperous soul
Prosperous mind
Prosperous body


DESIRE
Be very careful
what you desire
You may get it


Travel
is like a drug
everything is new
and strange
and so are you


Happiness
Happiness is fleeting
contentment is forever


Modesty
modesty has its place
it helps one to survive
hard times


JOKES
To laugh at ones own mistakes
is the mark of a great soul
to betlittle and laugh at another
is the mark of an idiot


Bravery
to stay alive to old age
is the bravest thing
that one can do


Listening
Listen my child
to your elders
if
you would be
wise
when you grow up


Survival
years ago I thought
survival
was burying food in a
50 gallon drum

Now I know
survival is fasting, praying,
kindness and mercy


Aloneness
Being an only child
aloneness was hard
too many vacations-no kids
Now I am a man
Aloneness is still hard
But now I am a new family


Sadness
Sadness is being human
Joy is being alive
Happiness is knowing God


Heartache
If you can live through it
it brings wisdom and kindness
If not,
it brings death


Quiet
In the quiet
I can hear myself think
I can know myself, my world, my nature
My sadness is how few experience the Quiet
For Quiet is Healing!


Wilderness
Wilderness is my church
The church of all creatures
Why is the church of all creatures
disappearing?
Without their church
all creatures will die!


Ocean
The Ocean of kindness
of all Beings
Gives hope
to all who struggle

 

 

 

No comments: