I woke up and it's 56 degrees Fahrenheit in Santa Barbara which is kind of cool for this time of year unless there was a storm or something. But, it's just high fog off the ocean. This temperature would be normal for San Francisco most years or cooler so it is surprising it is so cool here right now in Santa Barbara. Los Angeles, a couple hours south by car is 61 degrees. However, it's good to get away with the wife as she has been relatively home bound recovering from full knee replacement surgery except for shopping and trips 3 times a week to a physical therapist since June while I sort of traveled the world about 1/4 of the time so we could be happy with each other in this process. I'm really grateful we made it through the last year or so so well. I'm very proud of my wife after seeing her go through all this. Only a real optimist like she is could go through something like this so relatively well.
I really don't think I could have gone through something like this without a complete personality change. So, I'm really glad it was her going through this and not me for that reason. Knee replacement is not a light weight kind of experience. It is sort of like "Terminator" the movie. You then are part metal robot with flesh and blood on the outside and have to adapt to it which is a lot for anyone to deal with, especially all the pain of trying to make your leg and muscles work right once again. So, it's really wonderful to be finally doing normal things with my wife again like traveling this distance or more.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Blumenthal urges House to pass Russia sanctions amid "extreme urgency" in Ukraine
- Myasthenia gravis is not considered more prevalent overall in Middle Eastern populations compared to global rates, but regional studies note that patients in Arab countries often develop the condition at a younger age.
- The most interesting fact for me regarding the last 3 articles:
- Victims' families remember Nazi ship sunk with prisoners on board
- “Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity they think of you.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- This is part of my research for learning about when the last small ice age was between 10,000 and 20,000 years ago in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Rare 1930s Watch Stashed in Old Jewelry Box Sells for $80,000 in Thrilling UK Auction
- It all makes much more sense if you see humans as domesticated Animals rather than something else
- NASA launches its Roman Space Telescope to explore the hidden universe
- is everyone okay after flash flooding in Grand Canyon?
No comments:
Post a Comment