Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Laparoscopic surgery can also go through a Femoral Artery in one leg up into the heart

A friend said he had received a stent into a vein? near his heart that was delivered from a femoral artery in the upper leg. I guess this also is considered a laparoscopic surgery.

I wonder if an angiogram is also considered a type of laparoscopic surgery? I know some heart surgeries are also done through the Carotid artery in the neck but that always seems hard to make sure you can make it stop bleeding. But, I'm not a surgeon or a nurse. So, it seems lots of stuff is still done through the Femoral Artery like when I had an angiogram at Stanford Medical in Fall 1998. They popped me into the hospital by 8:30 AM one day and I had two procedures and they released me by 8:30 pm that night. I was pretty surprised they could do so much in 12 hours then in 1998.

No comments: