Friday, June 26, 2015

Amazing Grace

This has always been an important song in my life. It was especially important to me after I did a Vision Quest of no water and no food for 4 days 96 hours until the tutelage 4 miles away of a Blackfoot Sioux Medicine man. This was the summer of 1983. This song has stayed in my heart ever since.

Somehow this was a rebirth for me and I started singing this song as a part of my prayers during this vision quest because of Spock dying in an Episode of a Star Trek Movie and it being played then.

So, I wasn't surprised when President Obama broke into song singing "Amazing Grace" while I was listening to his eulogy for a fallen minister and Representative from South Carolina in Martin Luther King's Old Church there where the 9 had been shot.

I think that Obama doesn't have to worry about being elected again. He's retiring at the end of this term. He was able to help the nation heal itself and I think he helped the whole world heal itself too in some ways with what he did there today during this eulogy at a Memorial in Charleston, South Carolina.

No comments: