Wednesday, November 11, 2015

31 degrees

I drove into Mt. Shasta at around dusk and it was already 39 degrees. Later having dinner with friends my friends girlfriend said it was 19 degrees last night. I just thought about my water in my windshield wiper tank and realized I had to run it dry so it didn't freeze and break the tank and pump. Tomorrow I'll go and get some windshield wiper fluid that doesn't freeze. It's amazing how large a tank for this my vehicle has.

Anyway, according to the online weather it is only supposed to go down to 30 tonight every though it is already 31. So, likely the prediction is wrong and it will go down to around 25 or so if this is a normal night for this time of year.

I used to live up here in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s for a total of about 10 years time. I haven't lived here now, however, since 1992.

It was good to have dinner with friends at a nice restaurant even though I found myself fading after the long drive by about 8pm so I went back to my room to rest.

I could see Mt. Shasta all covered with snow driving up Interstate 5. It was really good to see this especially after the long drought. I might even have enough snow to cross country ski on by the time I get back from Oregon thanks to El Nino.

No comments: