Friday, October 27, 2017

Not sure how successful I was with previous mindfulness exercise

I liked the exercise where someone observes a raisin up close and observes where it once was connected to the grape vine before it shriveled up. Then I like the way they put the raisin in their mouths and felt how it flet in their mouths.

In the 1960s people tried to do this with love and sex and mostly it confused the hell  out of most people. So, mindfulness exercises with sex I think can be counter-productive in many ways.

However, I suppose if it is a Tantric exercise and you really really know what you are doing you might get enlightened or something through doing this.

But, this would be one person in a million and by the way what is happening to the other person in this exercise while you are becoming enlightened?

Do they become enlightened too or just go crazy and have all sorts of problems as a result?

Note: This reminds me of three single girls I knew in Mt. Shasta in the early 1980s told me they all (on separate occasions) had visited a Tantric Master in Santa Cruz so he could "Worship them". They all said it was one of the most amazing experiences of their lives to be worshiped.

I found their attitudes and comments about this experience interesting to say the least.

I have never heard anything like  this before or after hearing this.

which brings me to William James and "The Varieties of Religious experience".

No comments: