Friday, October 27, 2017

Exercise in Mindfulness

Since my wife and I have been going in different directions since last Saturday when I drove up to Mt. Shasta, I realized today it was a good day for an exercise in Mindfulness. So, I am alone now in my home in the SF Bay area on the ocean.

Here is what mindfulness is for me today:

Since I am not in my 20s anymore because I am in my 70s the ways  I thought then mostly aren't useful to me now.

If I am hungry I will go to the store to buy food, otherwise I won't. This will also keep me from gaining weight and I might even lose weight instead. I don't have to be stressed being a good husband because I'm alone right now and can do anything I want within reason.

It's a sunny day about 70 degrees right now so I'm getting in the Hot Tub where I can blog if I want to.

Though my feet still hurt from 3 days ago walking 7 hours straight with friends except for resting up to 15 minutes here and there sometime along the way into Squaw Valley on Mt. Shasta  while climbing up and down 9000 feet ridges and down into 7000 to 8000 foot valleys I might have had enough exercise and should rest my feet until the pain is completely gone from that hike.

The amazing thing is I'm almost 70 and was still able to do this. This gives me hope for the future. After all the record for climbing mount Shasta for the oldest person I believe is still 85 years of age.

I still have 15 years before I'm that old. In the meantime I'm going to keep very active and eat organic food and think good thoughts and take care of my health and travel the world to keep my mind active meeting new people.

Note: When I put Squaw Valley into Google Search these are some of the images that came up. I'm still dealing with some kind of download problem regarding my Iphone and pictures. I'll eventually have to figure that one out.

Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta
Image result for squaw valley on mt. Shasta

No comments: