Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The World is becoming More and More ONE Place!

When I was a toddler there was no jet passenger plane service at all. So if you wanted to travel the world it was first very very expensive and every journey took a long time. In addition most propeller driven planes stayed around 10,000 feet and if you have flown in a small plane much like I have everything below 10,000 feet is often very bumpy, especially if you are traveling between 150 and 250 miles per hour.

Like the time my parents flew to a church conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico from San Diego when I was 5 years old and they were listening to a man from Texas expound on the joys of living in Texas behind them. He had been wearing a stetson and suddenly he was very quiet all of a sudden. The next thing they saw was the stewerdess walking down the aisle carrying the Stetson cowboy hat full of vomit. This is more how it was in the 1950s because of bumpy air below 10,000 feet.

Then around 1957 here in the U.S. passenger jet travel began and everything began to change.

For me I was 9 years old then and it seemed a very big deal that you could suddenly travel very high where the air is thin at at least 30,000 feet where you wouldn't feel the bumps as much at that altitude because the air is so thin it would cushion you more.

But, I never had a good enough reason to fly in a jet passenger plane until I was 18 years old when I flew to a church conference in Chicago with friends from my church.

At that point it was less expensive if I flew standby as a student with a student pass. I didn't have a reservation then I just waited until a plane had room for me which was easy then because most people didn't fly that much or at all yet here in the U.S. By the way it wasn't unusual that I hadn't flown in a passenger  until age 18 among my friends. Only my richest friends had even been on a passenger plane before in 1966.

But if you flash forward until today here in 2017 worldwide if you are in the top 1/3 of the wealth of the world you likely have been to one or more countries by the time you are 5 or 10 years old.

Even I had already been to Canada and Mexico by the time I was 4 years old with my parents by car.

Canada made sense because I was born in Seattle right next to Canada and I went to Mexico with my parents when they moved to San Diego when I was 4.

Today I see tour groups from Japan or South Korea or China all over California all of the time, even to Mt. Shasta where Mt. Shasta is considered a Sacred Mountain by Millions of people all over the world. They come here mostly during the Spring, summer and fall. However, some tour groups come here in Winter too because they want to be here in the snow or they want to snowshoe, Ski or snowboard etc. on or near Mt. Shasta. It all depends upon the person's interests.

The reason I titled this article "The world is becoming more and more one place" is because it is.

The upper one third in wealth might travel to 20 or more countries before they are 20 years old

And the upper 2/3 of the world might fly to at least one foreign country before they are 20. And even most people in the bottom third of wealth can still afford to buy and old a new or used bicycle where they could ride to other cities and locations and visit people somewhat different from themselves.

And, there are well over 5 billion cell phones now on earth even if htey have to solar charge their cell phones to use them because there is no electrical power lines within a 100 miles of where they live on earth.

So, this is why I see the world becoming more and more one place. It is as if the world is one country now with the countries we live in almost like City States. We all have more and more in common with everyone on earth for both good and ill.

We all suffer from global Warming even if rich people want to deny it's existence for whatever their reasons are:

1. to make more money
2. to kill off more poor people through floods, droughts, hurricanes and tornadoes etc.

So, understanding we are just all together in one world that is more and more like one country it makes it less likely for us to have another world war because we all are in constant communication with each other worldwide on millions and billions of different levels already.

As of 2013 there were already 6 billion cell phones on earth worldwide in use.


There are officially more mobile devices than people in the world | The ...

www.independent.co.uk/.../there-are-officially-more-mobile-devices-than-people-in-t...
Oct 7, 2014 - For the first time ever there are more gadgets in the world than there are ... Pro-democracy protesters hold up their mobile phones after heavy ...

More people around the world have cell phones than ever had land ...

https://qz.com/.../more-people-around-the-world-have-cell-phones-than-ever-had-lan...
Feb 25, 2014 - There are almost as many cell-phone subscriptions (6.8 billion) as there are people on this earth (seven billion)—and it took a little more ... took off—world peak fixed-line telephone was in 2005—and now the rise of mobile ...

No comments: