Monday, October 23, 2017

The Ash colored Toyota Tundra

To make full sense of this you likely have to realize that I was raised a Christian Mystic which basically means to me that "God is where you find him" or "God is where you find him, her, the Being".

One day I went to try to buy a Metallic Blue Toyota Tacoma a few years ago. But, being 6 foot 5 inches tall and big boned because I'm half Scottish I didn't really fit well in the cab of a Toyota Tacoma even though one of my favorite trucks I have ever owned was a 1976 Toyota Longbed when i was a Landscaping Contractor in San Diego working with landscape architects to build landscapes for wealthy home and land owners in La Jolla and Rancho Santa Fe then.

I also bought a 6 pack Cabover camper for it and lived in Mt. Shasta in 1979 with it with my 4 year old son when I was building a house there for a friend. Then I remarried in 1980 to a lady with two kids from her first marriage.

So, when my present wife and I (since 1995) went to buy my new Toyota Tacoma 4 wheel drive I sadly realized the cab was just too small for me to be comfortable in. Nearby was an ash colored 4 wheel drive Toyota Tundra which was ash colored. My wife said, "Hey. This is the same color as my old Toyota 4Runner which I bought new in 1989! I walked over and read on the window where it got the same mileage or better than even the Tacoma because it got 20 miles per gallon because it had a small 8 cylinder and a 6 speed transmission in addition to a high and low 4 wheel drive gearbox with incredible ground clearance. So, though I wanted a metallic blue toyota Tacoma somehow life brought to me a Metallic Ash colored Toyota Tundra which was the best riding large truck I had ever been in. Between the 20 miles per gallon on the road when I was traveling alone and the capacity to drive over in low range 2 feet tall rocks and through stream beds 4 wheeling I came to fall in love with this amazing vehicle even though it wasn't the metallic blue Tacoma I had hoped for.

But, I have always wondered why it is ash colored in my reality that I wound up with this one.

The best reasons I have come up with is the scented ash vibhuti

Vibhuti - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibhuti
Vibhuti (Sanskrit: विभूति; vibhūti), also called Bhasma (ash), Thiruneeru and Vibhooti, is a word that has several meanings in Hinduism. Generally, it is used to denote the sacred ash which is made of burnt dried wood in Āgamic rituals.

Sai Baba was known for precipitating  universal scented ash out of nowhere of his previously cremated body before he reincarnated in to a new one.

He did this to denote the importance of meditating on the impermanence of life and how important that is to full enlightenment.

We are all both "Dust in the wind" but also simultaneously "Stardust" because we all are literally both.

The elements that compose our bodies mostly came from stars when they burned out and eventually turned to dust and reformed as planets like those in our solar system.

So, the paradox of all of us human beings is that we are both "Dust in the wind" and also "Stardust" at the same time.

And from this meditation comes compassion for all life in the universe in the past, present and future!

No comments: