Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Deuce on HBO

I watched this last night "Au Reservoir" episode which is the first episode I have watched of "The Deuce". I hadn't watched it before because I didn't want to see prostitutes in the 1970s in New York.

However, I was bored last night and was rewarded with an amazing experience. This is done about as well as "Game of Thrones" and is very accurate as to how people were in the 1970s. Since I was 21 in 1969 I could really relate to a lot of it because I met people like this in 1969. I didn't meet violent people but in Venice, California I met many people that reminded me of these people in the show then. I lived in Venice from August to November 1969 when I realized it was just too crazy there for me to survive at age 21. So, I moved to San Diego and stopped working in Venice as an electrician and went back to college after moving in with my parents and went to college for 2 more years and then met my first wife at age 25 and got married and had a son.

So, if you are looking for a really well done HBO series it is about as well done as the Sopranos or "Game of Thrones". I was pretty amazed.

No comments: