Friday, October 27, 2017

Driving South

I have never cared to much for Halloween myself. when I was 8 to 10 years old it was okay because my 5 years older male cousin and I would get lots of candy and then we would split it. I dressed up as Casper the Friendly Ghost. I had a personality a little like Casper then because I was always a very kind and understanding person unless someone attacked me and then I had to defend myself sometimes to stay alive. But, mostly I was kind and helpful and thoughtful and interested in Science, Science Fiction and Flying planes then. Growing up I wanted to be an airline pilot but My father made me promise never to complete my pilot's license until after he died because of what happened when he lost his younger brother to the whole family. His younger brother was the nicest person in the family and the family never recovered his loss then in 1942. So, I promised my father I wouldn't complete my pilot's license until he died so I soloed in a Cessna 152 in 1987 two years after my father died. I've already outlived my father by the way.

So, today the temperatures got up to about 93 in Redding as I drove south towards the SF BAy area. The bounced around between Redding and Stockton a lot mostly above 80 degrees. So, it was a mostly pleasant trip back. I realized I didn't want to be in Portland Halloween weekend because I knew my daughters would be visiting friends and going to Halloween parties and stuff like that. So, realizing this wasn't going to work to go north I decided to go south to home even though there is no one presently there because my wife is in San Diego with our God Daughter who is 7 months pregnant with twins. But that's a girls week thing. So, Instead I went on hiking adventures with friends in Mt. Shasta because the weather was great for it. Though it had snowed a week ago last Thursady and Friday on Mt. Shasta it had melted off mostly below 10,000 feet except for some patches here and there starting at 5000 feet and above.

No comments: