Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Amazing how much in price large flatscreen TVs have come down in price

5 to 7 years ago it cost me about 1500 to 2000 dollars to buy a 60 inch flatscreen Tv.

But, recently my son bought an LG from Costco in Portland for just over 500 dollars. I was pretty amazed at this price even at Costco because the 1500 to 2000 price I was quoting was also from Costco in California 5 to 7 years ago.

So, if you have been putting off getting a large flatscreen and can afford 500 bucks at Costco you might just have a new 60 inch flatscreen TV in your living room soon. The potential resolution you can get is what my son calls "4k". I'm not sure what that actually means but if you have the right medium the newer sets can be "crystal Clear" way beyond the one I bought 5 to 7 years ago too. But, you have to have a special DVD and a special DVD player I think to get that level of resolution even on the new ones.

No comments: