Saturday, June 16, 2018

I'm not getting a good feeling about the volcanic activity on Hawaii

I'm not quite sure what this means.

I'm not worried about the whole island blowing up like Krakatoa east of Java or something like that.

But, it is an uneasiness I'm experiencing.

Remember, I felt the 2004 Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami coming for one month before it happened. And like then I didn't know exactly what it was going to do or where it was going to hit.

In December 2004 I felt the heaven realms draw near to earth which usually means a whole lot of people are going to die and this made me uncomfortable because the way it was happening was tied to earth changes of an extreme kind. But, like I said I believed it might be me and my family that was going to die then.

So, it wasn't until my father in law in Santa Barbara was watching 250,000 people die live on CNN on TV that I realized my family was going to be all right and I was going to be all right but I felt sick for all those dying and dead and maimed we were watching on TV in December 2004.

This time it's different maybe because this is going to continue for some time (maybe years like this or worse. I'm not sure. I just get a very bad feeling about all this.

My question is just how stable are all the volcanic shelves that the island is sitting upon? Could the whole island break off or pieces of it because of the weight of the new lava?

Because the way it goes into the ocean and stops doesn't seem the best way to balance an island weight wise.

What's underneath the island and how stable is that part of the island?

Could pieces break off into the ocean because of long unsupported shelves now that go way out into the  ocean?

This is the kind of question I would be asking now.

I suppose you would have to wait until it is cooler for divers to start asking these questions unless you sent underwater robots that wouldn't overheat looking at all this instead.

And even then you might not learn what you actually needed to because the problems might be hidden and so only with time would you find out suddenly one day.

No comments: