Thursday, July 12, 2018

Is Apple shutting down your access to your old device without your permission?

My son was also complaining about this happening to him but he is still enough of a computer tech in his 40s to find ways around to circumvent this problem because he also builds computers for fun too.

However, for me, this is just a pain. Today I got locked out of my IPAD that I have owned at least 8 years so far. It was one of the first years they made Ipads I believe. I never connected it to Icloud because clouds are not safe. Your data is not safe in any cloud, Icloud or others, and if you think your data is safe in any cloud then you don't know very much about technology.

The only safe data is something you are storing on your own hard drives and then you remove your hard drives and put them in a safe. That would be safe (until someone opens your safe and removes your removable hard drives from your safe. But, even that isn't completely safe if there were a solar flare or nuclear bomb which would demagnetize your hard drives and turn them into unreadable gibberish.

But, the point I'm making here is that apple seems to want to prevent people from continuing to use old devices to force them to buy a new one. I don't think this is very funny. It's just nasty to force people to do this!

So, if you are forced to try to get help at:

support.apple.com/kb/TS4515

Then you likely might be screwed like I presently am trying to fix this problem. Then they gave me an EMAIL adress that they are sending my new password too that I have never heard of before ever.

This is really screwed.

This is what my ipad says.

Activation lock
This Ipad is linked to an Apple ID. enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this Ipad. Then it gives the email used to do this.

But, they don't give you the option of knowing for sure what the Apple ID was or what the password is or was. So, you don't have the option of being able to find out what they were if you bought your IPad 8 years ago and don't use it to buy things anymore so you don't remember the Apple ID or the password. They give you no option to be able to find out either especially since they are giving me some email address I have never heard of before that the password is being sent to.

So, basically they are hijacking my Ipad.

Or is this really apple stealing the use of my Ipad from me or someone else?

No comments: