Her thought was that poor white Republicans often don't have critical thinking skills because their educations were not past high school or even that far along. So, she was thinking this is more to do with economic reasons and not wanting their daughters beat up or injured by armed poor white Republicans more than anything else.
However, I'm not sure about this. I was considered very progressive as a young man but my youngest daughter went to a private school where she was doing college level work from 8th grade on. But, she doesn't think I'm liberal enough at this point because a lot of my point of view that was progressive for the 1960s isn't considered that progressive now. And I haven't changed what I think that much since the 1970s and 1980s at this point partly because I'm 71 years of age.
So, my point of view is that Liberal Democrats are too idealistic and less practical and pragmatic about things than they once were. And that Rightest Republicans are more violent and more apt to shoot people than they used to be.
I think both these things are true now and it doesn't bode well for our nation's future.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- real world physics context for a tsunami: A tsunami usually travels at the speed of a jet Airliner or therabouts
- Lindsay Clancy trial highlights need to rethink postpartum care, advocates say: "The duty is on the system"
- U.S. 2 dead after multiple people shot at Minneapolis apartment building: Police
- The Ring of Fire is a 40,000-kilometer (25,000-mile), horseshoe-shaped zone around the Pacific Ocean basin where about 90% of the world's earthquakes and 75% of its volcanic activity occur.
- Family members speak out as Lincoln docks in Thailand after record 9 months at sea
- House rejects GOP effort to ban Supreme Court expansion in Constitution
- MapQuest hits No. 1 on App Store after refusing to rename Lake Ontario
- Elon Musk-backed super PAC spends $800,000 to back GOP midterm candidates 5H ago
- Amid public outcry, Tarrant County, Texas cuts polling locations ahead of 2026 midterm elections
- Dark money in Texas Senate race spurs Talarico complaint to FEC against Paxton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment