Monday, April 6, 2020

How to center yourself

This might be the most important thing I can say to you:

When I was young my parents told me: "What you put your attention on you become!"

But, at the time as a child I often would say: "What?"

Because maybe a better way to say this is: "What you choose to put your attention on you become!"

So, being disciplined in what you think about allows you to survive ANYTHING in your life.

So, if you want to survive all this you have to be very careful what you think about.

What I have found out in life in regard to retirement is that you need a discipline. In my 20s my first real discipline that I could relate to was being a father and husband. But, of the two I could always relate to being a father and having to be responsible for my son first (who is now 46 and married with a son of his own). But, I guess the point is even at home waiting like we all are to go out and do anything you and I need a discipline.

My present discipline is to think things that will allow me and my wife to function ongoing and be mentally, emotionally and physically and spiritually healthy.

Because I've got to tell you without a discipline that you apply every day to this you might not make it through to the other side of all this.

In another article I wrote: "There are no problems ONLY opportunities", which is also how you make it through something as unpredictable as what we are all going through probably for at least the next 2 or 3 years or so.

If you don't find a way to mentally and physically survive all this then who will?

So, take care of how you perceive reality so you are still capable of taking care of yourselves or you might be a kind of statistic that you don't want to be unless you prefer not to be alive anymore.

Take care of yourselves and your families. Because if you don't, who will?

By God's Grace

No comments: