Saturday, May 27, 2023

I have blogged now at this site since 2007 which is almost 16 years as of next fall

I think the point I want to make here is that one's readership changes over time. How do people find out about your site? Mostly through word of mouth. Someone likes your site for whatever the reason which you likely might never figure out directly yourself. They recommend your site to others and they find an article or two that touches them in some way that helps them in their lives. Then they recommend your site to others as well. From 2011 (when I first realized by actually looking at my statistics page what my readers wanted to hear about by seeing which articles they most liked) I began to give my readers more of what they seemed to like as long as I also was interested in whatever it was.

For me, blogging is a lot like creating a term paper in High school or college where you are doing specific research on one or more topics of interest to yourself. I didn't start this site just for others alone but also for myself. I had been forced into retirement by my health at age 50 and I needed some sort of discipline where like a regular meditation would help me stay on an even keel throughout my retirement.

Now it is 25 years later from my very first website in 1999 when I was 51 years old then and was just told by my doctor that I might now live a normal life even though I was almost dying previously for about 9 months time. They had finally diagnosed that I had had a heart virus which at that time was almost universally fatal at least here in California. So, I had dodged a bullet so to speak and God had saved my life unlike most people who die of heart viruses (at least then in California).

So, for me, a website at then Geocities.com was a way of moving forward and a mental and spiritual discipline where I had to then compose all in HTML which is about 10 to 20 times harder than now using an autocoder for the most part. Now I only do HTML for creating Links pages about every week or so.

Here is some HREF coding that helps create Links pages for your website. However, it is in a form of an autocoder and not coming to you in full HTML. You will have to somehow convert this code into HTML format to actually use it to create Links pages but the terms of the coding is accurate. Where is says link text you put the name of your article and where it says url you put the URL or internet designation of your article. Just remember you have to get this into an HTML formatted page or it cannot work. It won't work in Compose here at Blogger.com you have to be in HTML Once you get even one line of HREF coding to work in HTML you can then copy that line of code as many times as you want using your edit function even in HTML mode. But, it's easier if this is the code you repeat: The first line of code designates spacing and Paragraph mostly and the second line of code is actually creating the link. By alternating these two lines of code you create a links page for sharing the most read articles at your site like I do or links to whatever you want on the internet.

Note: I just realized that you might not be able to directly convert this autocoder processed code back to HTML directly. You might have to print it out or something and then write these first two lines of code manually into an HTML page or something like that. Then you can multiply your two lines of code by using the edit and copy function up near the top of your page to the left usually in your browser. So, if you hand copy this code into a HTML page format and then copy it as much as you want. For example, you copy these two lines of code which means you then have 4 lines of code instead of two. Then you copy those 4 lines of code and then you have 8 lines of code. Then you copy 8 lines of code and then you have 16 lines of code and I suppose you could then copy the 16 lines of code and they you have 32 lines of code which should give you 16 links on your page. If you want more you can copy the 32 lines of code or 64 lines of code etc. etc. etc. to have as many blank links as you want.

Just remember to ONLY save your HTML code into an HTML page or else it won't work. You cannot run this code from an Autocoder at all, At least until you are completely finished with coding it in HTML. I prefer to keep a links page in HTML so I can easily copy the blank HREF 2 lines of code into as many copies as I need for the next links page I make in an HTML page (not an autocoder page).

 <p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>

Good Luck!

Here is more HREF blank code to make more links pages for you 


<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
 
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
 
<a href="url">link text</a>
 
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
 
<a href="url">link text</a>
 
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<a href="url">link text</a>
<p>&nbsp;</p> 

NOTE: I just realized it isn't Autocoder but instead Autoencoder that we are actually talking about. Sorry about that I just quoted a page about Autoencoders from  wikipedia further up the links page at my site for you to possibly better understand Autoencoders versus HTML pages. Autoencoders automatically make HTML pages. this is what they do.

 

No comments: