Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Contemplative Life

Some people are okay with thinking and meditating a lot in nature and others are not. This is likely also true when it comes to retirement which can be very contemplative too.

I found that in nature I found peace, especially in the wilderness. City life mostly made me feel somewhat insane because of it's nonsensical intensity. I'm a very logical reasonable person and when I saw how crazy most people were living in the city I moved to the wilderness first in 1980. I even moved further out into the wilderness than the little city of Mt. Shasta to 2 1/2 acres of land where we home schooled our children from 1980 to 1985. 

During this time I found that I regained what most people have lost living in civilization, A Center based upon Nature and a more Contemplative life.

I had found God originally in Yosemite National park in 1963 when I was 15 years old. In fact, my present wife and I got married there in 1995 because she also had a come to God experience in Yosemite when she was 15 even though she is much younger than I am.

Around 1980 I discovered what is called: "The Leisure to Practice" which means that you have time in your life to pray literally 24 hours a day. So, I began to pray for this around 1980 when my son was about 6 years old until 1998 when I got a heart virus and had to retire. So, this is how God answered my prayer for "The Leisure to Practice".

So, when I first got sick with the heart virus the angels surrounded me and I thought i was dying and that they were there to come get me. But, instead they said: "You Are NOT Going to die! Your Life will get better now!" They repeated this over and over again until every cell in my body believed them. Though my mind was not sure like human minds often are every cell in my body listened to the angels and so I lived through all that without panicking (which usually kills most people with a heart virus by the way).

So, 9 months later God had given me "The Leisure to practice" in fact I was forced into this new life I had prayed for because I believe God needed me to be here to pray all the time for others and for all life on earth.

This sort of life is very very powerful in a God way and in an angel way because you have the freedom to think what God actually wants you to think and to do what God actually wants you to do 24 hours a day.

It is a very different kind of life than most people live.

By God's Grace

No comments: