Friday, May 26, 2023

Sometimes people make decisions that temporarily destroy your life and sometimes it's all that they can do

I was always pretty angry at the Un-Christian way I was treated when I left my Childhood religion. Like for Example, people praying against me thinking I was a bad person because of what they learned from the rumor mill. When I heard some of these things I saw that 99% of what people were saying wasn't true at all and people with very small minds must have made these things up.

Eventually, this made me realize that most protestant religions are not safe (in any way, shape or form) to be connected to in any way.

This was the harshest realization at all that I had to come to this.

So, I realized that religions are destructive to individuals even though they often have a pacifying effect on the adherents worldwide.

Before I studied comparative religions I thought it was just the religion I was raised in. But, to my surprise I began to see this was true of all religions worldwide. And how they are all about money and not people's rights or people's well being at all.

Understanding this fully I realized I could no longer participate in organized religions especially protestant Christian ones as a direct result.

This didn't stop me from believing in God but it did change the way I have lived my life since my middle to late 20s in that I realized I couldn't trust any religion to help me in any way, shape or form that I could actually trust with my life, or my family's lives.

The hardest lessons we learn are often the most helpful ones in surviving our lives.

Once bitten twice shy as they say. 

All religions bite. All religions kill. And the primary way they kill is through shunning which results in suicide. This nearly happened to me from 1969 until 1973 when I was 21 to 25.

So, if you were raised in any religion you might also share with me the view that:

"My religion is the best and worst thing that ever happened to me."

The best is okay but the worst is a killing field.

No comments: