Thursday, February 15, 2024

Writing

 In writing about your life or your thought process or your travels you better understand what has happened both externally and internally in your life.

I find that it is important to get a grasp of what is actually going on in one's life. I suppose some people try to run from the "Truths" of their lives.

However, in my 20s I began to realize that if you don't deal with your problems they soon go out of control and then you can become a victim of your problems the rest of your life.

So, part of writing for me is creatively finding ways to solve the problems in my life and in the lives of those around me. 

By doing this my life becomes better and better and so do the lives (generally speaking) of everyone around me in my life too.

Becoming Empowered in your life is important to your future. So, understanding better the problems you are actually dealing with can help you better solve these problems one by one.

And if you start solving your problems one by one as they come up then you are calmer and better prepared to face whatever comes in your life.

By taking a more aggressive attitude regarding solving any problems I was facing in my life especially starting in my 20s I found that by my 30s I was actually happy from about age 32 to age 37 when my father passed away. Then I found it difficult for the next 13 years or so until I almost died myself at around 50 years of age.

However, this experience of near death at 50 was very helpful in getting me out of middle Aged Crazy to a place where I wasn't trying to hang onto my youth so much but instead I was grateful for every moment of life I had left.

Constantly worrying about dying I find it not useful at all. Instead, being grateful for every moment you have left with your family and friends is far more helpful to a life well lived.

So, in some ways almost dying saved my life in many different ways and now at 75 I still have that attitude of being grateful for every moment I have left with friends and family including my wife and children and grandchildren.

By God's Grace

No comments: