Monday, May 27, 2024

Torsemide: For Edema

 I was listening to a friend of mind who is 84 complaining about Furosemide causing Senile Dementia in his girlfriend that hastened her death. The problem with Furosemide which is the leading thing people use for Edema is that it can cause hallucinations especially at night when it's dark and be quite distressing to people. When you are old and hallucinating it can be very distressful because almost anything could be happening so there is no sense of well being at all which could hasten Senile Dementia in some people.

However, Torsemide is also now being recommended by doctors in addition to these other ones that might be helpful to you if you are having problems with Furosemide:

The one thing about Spironolactone is that eventually this drug goes sideways for everyone within a couple of years and I barely kept out of the hospital and had to have my son nurse me back to health for a month when Spironolactone went sideways for me around 2018. So, if you are taking Spironolactone and it goes sideways and you stop taking it suddenly like I did because of serious side effects just realize that unless you see a doctor soon you will be in the hospital or dead if you don't take care of this quickly. It took me a month to recover and I missed a trip to Ireland, Scotland and England with my wife and two daughters who I sent on without me and I had to go to Portland where my son who has a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from a California University to help me get back my health.

Top 5 furosemide alternatives
  • Bumetanide (Bumex) Bumetanide is a loop diuretic used to treat edema associated with congestive heart failure, liver disease, and kidney problems . ...
  • Chlorthalidone (Thalitone, Hygroton) ...
  • Spironolactone (Aldactone) ...
  • Valsartan (Diovan) ...
  • Lisinopril (Zestril)
Oct 3, 2022

No comments: