Thursday, August 1, 2024

We are all brainwashed in various different ways before we are young adults

Why is it important to know this?

Because your survival often depends upon knowing about this.

For example, if I had tried to be who my parents wanted me to be I would have had to kill myself by age 25.

It wasn't that they were bad people quite the opposite. It's just that in regard to what they wanted for me would never have worked for me to stay alive in a million years.

So, my only way forward (to stay alive) was to realize the absurdity of what they wanted for me and to realize that I had to reparent myself (psychologically) to survive my 20s and to make it to 30 years of age.

Along about age 32 I married for the 2nd time and I was a single father raising my young son and I married again and I was happy for maybe the first time in my life.

Why was I happy?

Because I was doing what I wanted to do not what someone else wanted me to do. I was FREE!

I had freed myself from unrealistic expectations both of my parents and also my own unrealistic expectations.

But, it took me almost dying from 20 to 25 to get to this place. It took me getting married and then later becoming a single father to get to this place. It took me getting married a 2nd time to a lady with two children who also lived in Mt. Shasta then to get to this "Happy Place".

Then we bought land out in the beautiful wilderness around Mt. Shasta at 4000 feet and my father and friends and I built an A-Frame house for my wife and children and I to live in. This made me happy.

And one of the main reasons I'm relatively happy now is that I lived from age 32 to 37 mostly in this A-Frame house on 2 1/2 acres of land that we all loved way out in the wilderness that reminded me in some ways of Swiss Family Robinson because of how fun and remote this place was.

One time, (because we were so remote that no one would bother us) I loaded our dog, my wife and our three children on my Honda 250 XL dualsport motorcycle and we went up the dirt roads up Old Woman Springs road up to the snow line on Mt. Shasta at a slow speed of maybe 10 to 15 miles per hour for safety.

However, we didn't even see one person the whole time we did this. This was incredibly fun with the dog on the handlebars and all the kids either in front of me or behind my wife (the three kids were little then like 5, 6, and 8 years old. 

So, we had all these amazing adventures in the wilderness. We all owned Cross country skis for when the snow was 7 feet deep in the winters to our house. And because we built an A-Frame our roof never collapsed even in 7 feet of snow even if we weren't there because it all slid right off the roof because of the steepness of the roof.

So, all this was wonderful and one of the main reasons why I'm still happy enough to be alive now at 76 years old with memories like this.

By God's Grace

No comments: