Monday, December 6, 2010

A Rock from the Beach

From the time my wife and I met and first went out 16 years ago, we have had a tradition as friends and lovers of her giving me "Touchstones". And so I would often keep little Amethyst crystals, or shells from the beach like Chiton "angel wings" or  pieces of amber (petrified pitch) or just polished rocks from along the ocean or a river we visit.

So, I have one of my touchstones that is too large for the inner zipper pocket of the ski jacket I wear when it is raining or cold or riding my motorcycle, in the center divider of the front seats to my car. I picked it up today and because I was tired from not enough sleep last night it began to communicate with me.

Now if you weren't born intuitively gifted or weren't born in a shamanic or intuitively or psychically gifted tradition, you might think communicating with a rock from the beach in one's car might be strange.

However, even though I wasn't born into a shamanic tradition, I was born intuitively gifted and then trained with Native American Medicine Men and women during the 1980s as well as Tibetan Lamas in the U.S. and India and Nepal. So, what I'm saying is first I was born gifted and then I got training in how to use those gifts 24 hours a day to help all life around me including humans all the time.

So, when this rock communicated to me I listened and I thought you might enjoy it's perspective. It sort of took me aback and put things into perspective for me. So this is one of the reasons I love doing this whenever it spontaneously occurs and I love sharing about stuff like this if people want to hear about it.

I picked this rock up that fit perfectly into my right hand and moved my fingers across the smooth stone because it felt comfortable and safe to the touch and helpful and healing. As I did this the rock spoke to me sort of like a family member would. It said, "Why did you take me away from the beach and put me into this car?" I said, "My wife picked you up and gave you to me." It said, "I belong to myself. Can you put me back where I came from?" I said, "I have no idea now where my wife got you from." The rock said, "Oh." I said, "Would you like to live inside the house?" The rock said, "NO. I like sitting here talking to the manufactured rock people. Leave me here." It took me a moment to realize he? was talking about the metals in my car." I said more and the rock said more but it would be confusing for me to try and talk about that."

The point of it is that there is communication between rocks and people even if the people deny it exists. The men in my family have always been happy communicating with machinery, especially cars, trucks and planes. So, often our machinery will communicate with us to protect us from death. People often wonder why I appear to be so carefree when I'm riding a bicycle, or motorcycle, or driving a car or truck or flying a plane. It is usually because I have faith that my vehicle will tell me if there is going to be a problem. Many people are like this. They just know and have faith in their vehicles. They simply know that their vehicle is like family and will protect them and tell them when it needs to be fixed or maintained. I find this quite common among some men and some women who have a natural affinity with machinery much the same way that some people have an affinity with animals.

No comments: