Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas in Disneyland

I have been to Disneyland about 50 times now since 1955 when I was a child when it first opened. However, most of the time it was in the summer and at times from January to June or from September to November. So I had never been to Disneyland for Christmas Vacation Season. I found it to be a very rare treat from all the many decorations that would cost thousands and thousands of dollars to install to whole new ride variations like the Haunted House turned into the "Nightmare Before Christmas" Theme.

The fireworks we all agreed were the most spectacular any of us have seen anywhere in person before in our whole lives and there was Christmas cheer in everyone's face and enough to go around for all. The only difficulty is that there are so many strollers everywhere that it is difficult not to trip over them and avoid them. Of course, Disneyland is about children of all ages from zero to as long as you can get there and be there which means 100 or more for some people. But, it seemed very fitting after my son's college graduation that his two sisters and my wife and I and he celibrated by us all going to Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

So, if you are in Southern California during the Christmas season be sure to go and experience a really amazing Disneyland. Also, the Christmas lights on Sleeping Beauty Castle are not to be believed. My youngest daughter took pictures of them from every possible angle. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments: