Sunday, April 23, 2017

Getting better at enhanced dictation

 Getting better at enhanced dictation

The last couple of months I have been experimenting with enhanced dictation online new MacBook Pro laptop. It is light years ahead of something like this I tried using in the early 2000s. But still it's not perfect. This software is a work in progress. So I said before it is somewhere between 70% to 90% accurate if there isn't too much background noise. For example, I'm sitting in my hot tub with my laptop outside on a wooden table well dictating this verbally to my laptop. So far I've had to correct it about two or three times just in dictating this so far.

I think it all depends on what you were trying to accomplish. If you want to be extremely  creative I think it might be better to either tape-record yourself or to use the video on your smart phone to record what you want to be saying or doing in this way you have ultimate creativity. Then you could play it back for yourself or directly into you're enhanced dictation the speed at which you speak you have to be careful love even if it's from a recording. So you might have to stop the tape recorder or Smart phone recording quite often to let the enhanced dictation software catch up. The most important thing I have found is to watch carefully the text being generated. In this way you can prevent silly errors like the one that made me laugh when I listen to a DVR recording the recording said intelligence committee chairman but enhance dictation heard intelligent German instead.

So sometimes the enhanced dictation Will generate extremely funny things that are completely off-the-wall especially when you talk too fast. But this can also occur at anytime.

So if you have a Mac book Pro that is 2015 or newer you likely have for the seeds of enhanced dictation. Then you need to download about 1.2 GB online to make it work properly. What I do is I leave the on off screen for enhanced dictation up all the time and I also leave pages up all the time which is like word MacBook Pro. In this way it is up and said all the time want to use it. So it sits behind my Firefox and my website@blogger.com all the time now ready for use. So then all I need to do is to click the on button place the cursor on my blank pages page click the Fn  button at the bottom left keyboard and I'm ready to go. And to turn it off but to leave them up I simply click the FN key once again and I turn the switch off.

In this way I don't have to search for the on switch I don't have to bring up pages all I have to do is click the on switch put the cursor on pages and click the FN key and I can start talking.

If you have a Macbook pro laptop 2015 or newer and don't know where to start just go to "FIND" in Finder before you open the internet with a browser. After you click "Find" put in "enhanced dictation" and your computer will find it internally for you wherever it is. this is a good place to start if you already have a 2015 or newer macbook pro.

No comments: