Saturday, October 20, 2018

Where did the name Dragon of Compassion come from?

This name Dragon of Compassion percolated into being likely beginning with a 4 day vision quest in 1983 in the summer that I did on the Trinity River in a Bear Wallow there. I had been studying with friends with a Medicine man then and one by one 4 of us did a vision quest that summer along the Trinity river near where the Medicine man and his family lived then. The idea was to pray (without ceasing) for 4 days and nights or 96 hours. All I took was a ground cloth and a sleeping bag and a jacket and hat for the cold at night in a bear wallow next to the Trinity River then. I was very very remote and saw no people at all during these 4 days by the way in the wilderness. I was likely 15 miles from the nearest paved road and and several miles from even the nearest dirt road as well.

After two days of no water or food while praying I started seeing visions at night because of no water or food. So, your brain begins to function at a different level than it does when you are eating or drinking water. It is at a much more primal level. It taught me that people are much more than they seem to be. Maybe we are different than we think we are in civilization too.

Understanding better what human beings actually are ( a part of nature and God and Angels and prayer and a part of the earth herself) I found to be amazing during these 4 days by the way.

At this point in my life I lived 10 miles from the nearest town which then was McCloud very remotely so I was used to wilderness in my life around 1983 a lot. We were home schooling my older children who in 1983 were 9, 10 and 12 years of age then. In 1983 I would have been 35 also.

The vision that changed my life a lot and even led to my blogging here for you is one of the Dragon that I became in a vision. I think it was during the 2nd night of no water or food.

At first I was terrified by becoming a huge Golden Dragon because of the power and wildness of it to my senses. I was breathing fire out on mankind and at first I was deathly afraid it would burn people alive. But, instead it enlightened them and made them smile and move towards full enlightenment.

This was the beginning of my realizing the direction God was leading me towards was Tibetan Buddhism because of my becoming a Dragon breathing the fire of enlightenment upon people and them becoming enlightened.

So, later that year I started meeting Tibetan Lamas and by 1985 my family and I were guided to travel to India and Nepal, through Japan and Thailand. So, the vision changed my life in many ways because the vision answered my prayers of what I was to do next in my life which was to study Tibetan Buddhism which I did at that time.

But, maybe the most important thing was for me to be devoted to a life of compassion both towards myself and all other beings in the universe which I find is the most amazingly powerful path to enlightenment there is:

A path of Right mindful Compassion towards oneself and all beings in the entire universe is both efficient beyond belief and also powerful beyond belief as well in the past, present and future of the entire universe.

By God's Grace

No comments: