Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blue Collar

Blue Collar. Blue collar for me has always been where the rubber meets the road and there is smoke and fire. It is the blue collar people who actually fight and die the most in wars. It is blue collar people who live or die in real time because of the programs the elitists think up in Congress. It is the Blue collar people who in World War II came home and told my father, "Don't go to this war! I'm the only man left out of a company of 100 that landed at Anzio. It was completely insane!"

In my own time I talked to one Viet Nam Veteran who was one of the thousands of walking wounded that came back. He said, "When I was over there if a new young lieutenant came in and talked really patriotic and we knew he was going to get us all killed we just fragged him with a hand grenade under his bunk within a couple of days and told people it was incoming." Though many survived Viet Nam this way they were never the same or useful to anyone after having to find a way to stay alive like that."
Most of the Blue collar dead of the US from world War II. "They were Naive uninformed farmboys mostly who were very patriotic and died for their country."

If I were to classify many of my friends who went to Viet Nam as soldiers, "They were patriotic and the opposite of naive and when they found how bad it was there they were horrified. Because it wasn't at all what the American people were being told. Needless to say, none of them were ever the same after this. Many of the grey haired men you see wandering aimlessly down streets who went to Viet Nam today
are homeless Viet Nam Veterans who once had a good future to look forward to just like I did. The only difference is: I got to live that future and my veteran friends wander the streets still looking for the dying eyes to leave their dreams and nightmares and wishing they were dead too.

No comments: