To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- real world physics context for a tsunami: A tsunami usually travels at the speed of a jet Airliner or therabouts
- Lindsay Clancy trial highlights need to rethink postpartum care, advocates say: "The duty is on the system"
- U.S. 2 dead after multiple people shot at Minneapolis apartment building: Police
- The Ring of Fire is a 40,000-kilometer (25,000-mile), horseshoe-shaped zone around the Pacific Ocean basin where about 90% of the world's earthquakes and 75% of its volcanic activity occur.
- Family members speak out as Lincoln docks in Thailand after record 9 months at sea
- House rejects GOP effort to ban Supreme Court expansion in Constitution
- MapQuest hits No. 1 on App Store after refusing to rename Lake Ontario
- Elon Musk-backed super PAC spends $800,000 to back GOP midterm candidates 5H ago
- Amid public outcry, Tarrant County, Texas cuts polling locations ahead of 2026 midterm elections
- Dark money in Texas Senate race spurs Talarico complaint to FEC against Paxton
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
My Mother
My Mother. My mother hasn't recognized me or known who I was for around 2 years. However, today, while she was watching a movie on a big screen tv at her resthome in her wheelchair I asked if she knew I was her son. She nodded "Yes" and touched her head to mine in recognizing that I was family and her son. I told her that I was praying for her every day and she seemed more peaceful after that since our family has our own way of praying for each other. I told her she had three grandchildren ages 33,19 and 12 and that she was 89 years old and that her mother had lived until 90. I didn't tell her that her two sisters had each passed away at 90 also because I thought that would be too much. However, as I left she seemed at peace once again the way she used to be before senile dementia robbed her first of her personality, then her memories, then her ability to walk and now finally her ability to talk to me. However, I knew she finally remembered me once again and that gave me peace, something I have not had in relation to my mother for around 2 years. As I walked outside the rest home I found myself breaking into tears and a terrible weight lifting off my shoulders of the last 2 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment