Thursday, March 6, 2008

We Don't Go Grey

We Don't Go Grey. My father and law asked me recently if I dyed my hair because I'm only grey in the front around the temples even though I will be 60 this year. I said, "No. I have and aunt who is 88 who is only grey around the temples still. We usually don't ever go completely grey in my family.

Once my father said we were related to Francis Bacon of England, the one who wrote Novus Organum and who invented the Scientific method. Some people believe he never died and became Der Wonderman of Europe otherwise known as "The man who never died". He was also known as The Count de Saint Germain, Prince Ragocy of Transylvania etc. during the 1700s. Voltaire once wrote a letter telling Frederic the Great "of the man who never dies and who knows everything." In Cooper Oakley's book called "The Count De Saint Germain that was published around 1912, she reported a story of the Countess D'ademar of France and of how she saw him as a young woman of about 20 and then saw him 50 years later when she was 70 and he hadn't changed at all. He still had the greying temples and normal colored hair otherwise of a 40 something.

Don't get me wrong. I was born in 1948, not back then, but I find it interesting to study a man who was both one of my ancestors and yet still such an enigma today, 300 years later.

No comments: