Saturday, March 8, 2008

There Will Be Blood:The Movie

There Will Be Blood: The Movie. I saw this recently and it scared me pretty bad, not because it was a scary movie but because the Daniel Day Louis character reminded me so much of my Grandad that I knew from birth until I was 22 in 1970 when he passed on. He was born during the early 1880s in Kansas. Though my grandfather was this scary, he was also a family man and relatively kind to me though my father said he was abusive many times to him. So I equated the Daniel Day Louis Character to my Grandad and his son to my father in this one sense(even though my father was never deaf). Still my father survived many bad things like being bit by a Coyote that his brother had been raising in Morenci? Arizona when he was two and coming home from school when his Mom and Dad were fighting when he was 8 or 10 and jumping on his Dad's back to make him stop hitting his Mom.

This movie was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen and it made me really understand why my grandfather was the way he was. There was no psychotherapy for common people back then. People didn't have much then. They either survived or they didn't. It was a lot like where we appear to be heading as a nation right now. And because of this the movie scared me a lot!

No comments: