Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ghost in the Shell(2017)

If you contemplate this all being real it is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. It's sort of like when they asked Stephen King what was the scariest movie he ever saw he said "Bambi" because his mother dies and he's a little deer at the time. For me, this is the scariest movie I've ever seen when I contemplate it being real to where humans are starting to build robot bodies to live in. So, they put their brains in robot bodies. Though this might already be coming it's still a scary thought to me.

How would you define a human being then? Do I define my wife already as a cyborg because she has a full titanium knee replacement? Am I a cyborg because I sometimes wear glasses now (not before age 45) and I wear hearing aids inside my ear canals to hear better or more precisely so I can make out what consonants are being spoken. As my doctor says, "I'm hard of hearing, not deaf." But, sometimes at night when I take my ear canal hearing aids out of my ears where they are hiding and my wife says "Listen to the rain!" And I can't hear it so I have to get up to watch it come down on our deck in the back yard or walk out into it so I can feel the rain on my head, skin and body so I can feel alive in the rain!

Anyway, this movie set in Asia somewhere likely in Japan is one of the scariest movies to me if I think of it as being real one day.

It is in the genre of "Blade Runner" in some ways but I think this is much more scary if you take time to actually think about it.

  1. Ghost in the Shell - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell
    Ghost in the Shell (Japanese: 攻殻機動隊, Hepburn: Kōkaku Kidōtai?, "Mobile Armored Riot Police") is a Japanese media franchise originally published as a ...
  2. Ghost in the Shell (2017) - IMDb

    www.imdb.com/title/tt1219827
    Directed by Rupert Sanders. With Scarlett Johansson, Pilou Asbæk, Takeshi Kitano, Juliette Binoche. In the near future, Major is the first of her kind: A human saved ...

No comments: