I started fasting in my teens and did more of it in my 20s and 30s. But, by age 44 I found fasting wasn't working for me anymore because I started to have to deal with low blood sugar and fasting and low blood sugar can be a problem together. However, the longest fast I did in my 20s was going 7 days on only water, lemon juice to cut the acetone which might give you a headache otherwise and maple syrup to give me enough energy to continue to function for 7 days. But, the lemon juice was ONLY to prevent bad headaches while fasting.
My favorite fasts in my 30s were 4 day Organic Apple Juice Fasts which I found to be the most spiritual in NATURE where my senses opened up the most if I was in a beautiful place like in the desert or mountains (somewhere beautiful and naturally spiritual.)
Then I realized I didn't want to be like many people who got plaque in their veins and arteries who need Heart bypass operations, So, even though I never did a 30 day Organic Watermelon fast I did to yearly 4 day Organic Watermelon only fasts. IN fact, one of these fasts helped cause my present 28 year old daughter who is amazing. Her mother and I both were doing a 4 day Watermelon Fast at the Beach in Oceanside California at a family Beach house there that our extended family owned then.
So, fasting (if you can handle it) and keep your blood sugar in balance can increase your health in various different ways.
One of the interesting things about Fasting is that your body exerts 90% of it's energy digesting food.
So, when you are not eating food your body heals itself. This is a normal process for a human body.
However, if you are too skinny and have nothing for your body to live on during this Healing time then this can be a problem too. So, fasting isn't for everyone. You have to know whether this will help you or hurt you with your present metabolism.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment