Monday, July 2, 2018

There may come a time when all trees and plants will be gone from the surface of Earth

My wife and I realized this yesterday with what is happening up by Panther Meadows and higher on Mt. Shasta.

It is pretty obvious and many if not most trees are slowly dying from climate change and from increased solar ultra-violet and other radiation affecting them. This isn't true if you get below about 7000 to 6000 feet though. It is only the highest elevation trees that are likely in a fatal cycle of distress because of global warming and increased ultra-violet and radiation because our magnetosphere no longer protects trees, animals, birds or humans the way it once did.

So, I'm thinking the elevation that trees and other plants might grow at will be reduced about 1000 to 2000 feet at a minimum in elevation over the next 100 years or so. It might be more than that. But, I can see this is coming now and I don't see anything at present that is going to stop this.

So, within 25 years for example, all trees above about 7000 feet elevation on Mt. Shasta could be dead the way this is presently progressing from what I'm seeing now. I hope I'm wrong about all this but this appears to be where this is all going.

Also, because of ongoing droughts affecting Mt. Shasta, I have known that water is so concentrated in the mountain that even with no rain at all for 5 years water would still be coming out of springs in the mountain. So, I was very surprised to see lower Panther Meadows dried up completely.

What this might mean is that we have just had too many years of droughts and the water is beginning to dry up under the mountain at this point.

I'm not a geologist or hydrologist so I cannot say for sure but this appears to be happening.

No comments: